Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Hampshire thanks

Post by Stu » Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 pm

I know I could have put this in the main tread but I wanted to write my thanks here.

So for the Hampshire event I need to thank a lot of people who put time and effort into helping with the event.

So thanks goes to:

Non Stick Nick
Nick has been a rock for me in helping to plan the event particularly with the Saturday, not just the gymkhana but also in sorting out the MSA permits and ensuring we were covered there. I also asked Nick if he could contact LRO and invite them down, so it was due to Nick that Russ from LRO came and covered the event. Nick also came out on Friday and helped with setting up the site, an also Nick sorted out all of the BBQ meat. So thanks Nick, you're a star.

Maureen
I don't think Nick could do what he does without her unfaltering support.

Graham
So a man behind the scenes. Graham helped me plan the route for Saturday although he did say one lane shouldn't be scratchy!

Richard
For sorting out the site and booking it. As well as bring the jet wash for us. Please do pass on our thanks to John for allowing is to use the site.

Dom
For sorting out some activity kit an games for the kids

ReggieB
For sorting out the BBQ accessories and green stuff! As well as cooking it with Wazza.

Wazza
For helping to BBQ stuff (nothing seemed to be burnt!)

Scouts
I'd like to thank my scouting mates who sat around and waited for you lot all day, even when some of you drove straight passed!!! :-) I will be formally writing to them to thank them and the fee part of today's event is to go to our scout mountaineering team who take youngsters away to the mountains. The donation will help but kit.

Gary
For collecting in the punches yesterday.

And finally everyone else who did bits an pieces to help and make the weekend good. From putting up the event shelter, to bringing a fire bit to supplying bunting or other stuff.

Finally can I be a little be cheeky and thank Vic for not only baking cakes, but also for putting up with me and helping with reccying the campsite, getting forms sorted and being very, very understanding when I Brillo padded the car!

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

Kingmav66
Forum Contributor
Winner: Modification of the Year 2013
Mechanical Maestro of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Re: Hampshire thanks

Post by Kingmav66 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Well done all, it was good :thumbright:
Where's the sign up for next year? :mrgreen:

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Re: Hampshire thanks

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Well done all, sorry we couldn't make up but combination of no car and other matters overtook us. Roll on Swanishesesh

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3