Febuary Camping 1st 2nd?

Got an idea for an event, want to see an event run that is currently run. Any discussions prior to an event being launched as an official event should go in here.
Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Re: Febuary Camping 1st 2nd?

Post by Bodsy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:10 pm

PHOTO'S!!!!

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:48 pm

possibly not what you're after but my view for the evening :(
Attachments
2014-02-01 22.46.59.png

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Well it certainly complies with Bodsy's request for a picture, on the basis that he didn't specify any particular subject ;)

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:11 pm

boreing waiting for the robot to do its thing tho :roll:

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

MrClayton
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Not a Disco!

Post by MrClayton » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:27 am

Was Dave's hill the ridiculously scratchy bit? Some fantastic lanes and having never been here before I have to say that we really enjoyed it. Really sorry that we had to cry off at the last bit and head to the B&B but my leg was hurting having been bounced around all day - plus the weather was absolutely foul.

Massive thanks to Steve and his friend for leading our group and getting absolutely drenched trying to position the sleeper for each of us on the tricky bit of the Wayfarer.

Good deed of the day was our group giving a lift to an injured walker who had fallen and his wife. It turned it they were D3 owners too so we spent a little time trying to recruit them :lol:.

When we got back to the car park where they'd parked Clare spotted a ProSpeed rack on their car and tried to buy it :lol:

All in all an excellent day - I just hope I can walk for the next one!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" —Abraham Lincoln

Reggieb
Committee Member
Winner: Photo of the Year 2012
Stu with arm up Cow's Backside
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Reggieb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:58 am

Looks like it's all fun and games, good to see your all having fun, lovely sunny start to the day here in Hertfordshire, what's it like up there :depressed:
How's the leg holding up after a fist full of Tramadol Simon :?:

All for one and one for all!
Club TK41
Club 'I haven't got a yellow top!'

MrClayton
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Not a Disco!

Post by MrClayton » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:22 am

The leg is definitely improving but I couldn't take Tramadol and be in a car - it makes me dizzy when I'm lying down! So I opted for a Dihydrocodine and anti-inflamatory medication. I have to confess that at a few points I wished I'd stayed at home but overall it was an excellent day and I'm glad I went :D

Allt y Badi was certainly interesting - we went down first and I wasn't convinced we'd get back up but the cars just took it in their stride and got up with no problems at all - very impressive stuff :)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" —Abraham Lincoln

amondeggs
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Defender 90

Post by amondeggs » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 am

Great weekend overall

Really enjoyed Saturday with my group who all appeared to have a good time.
Lanes were great due to the ice snow and masses of water which created interest. A definite must do lane if in the area is alt y badi , which is a rocky steeped climb out of Llangollen. It is getting quite eroded though and the steps becoming more numerous and larger.
Parts of the Wayfarer had got very washed out and we had to improvise and use a railway sleeper to overcome a deep mud hole ( note to self , put on waterproofs next time :lol: )

all drivers were spotted over this and did a great job :thumbright:

Whitestones loop was next which is always fun. It was planned to drive the car wash but it was a little too deep :shock: will post photo later,

Daylight was fading at this point but we headed off to the lost lake where we were supposed to be camping. Clare and Phil left at this point as they were close to their B and B, and we drove up in the dark.

Fantastically wild and extremely windy place I stupidly opened my door with the wind coming from behind only to have it snatched out of my hand with such force it only stopped once it hit the front wing :evil: , Fortunately all fixed now :D

One thing that made me chuckle was ( and I am sorry Clare but I have to share this) was Clare saying on the cb that she had to "get out to adjust her muff" I was in mid drink and ended up spraying it all over me and the inside of my car :lol: I know you were trying to look after your intercooler but it was funny. Gaz my passenger who did not know of this protective piece of equipment really did not know what to expect. ;)

I myself had a funny moment that no one saw on the second day. We're were driving Sarn Helen and the discos were being spotted through a tight gate. I was parked at the back waiting my turn and needed to visit the little boys room. So I stood behind my car with my back to it, out of sight and proceeded. Well I had not pulled the hand brake on and there was a gust of wind :oops: car rolled backwards and knocked me over :lol:

So thanks for the great company on Saturday hope all all had a good time and look forward to doing it all again soon :thumbright:

MrsClayton
Forum Contributor
Car Details: MY66 Discovery 4

Post by MrsClayton » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

:lol:

Thanks for being a great leader, i'd be interested to see some of the photo's & videos you took :)
Last edited by MrsClayton on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

amondeggs
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Defender 90

Post by amondeggs » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 am

I will sort photos and video ASAP, will have to put video on you tube if anybody objects please shout before this evening :thumbright: