Land Rover Owner International Show - 10/11th Sep 2011

Confirmed events that the club will be attending are listed here.
benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Re: Land Rover Owner International Show - 10/11th Sep 2011

Post by benp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Just back and it was an excellent day Nice to see everyone again and meet a few people who I hadn’t seen before Steve & Bodsys support crew, got and fitted a new intercooler hose and a second hand intercooler… now need to remove mine for de mudding :roll: also nice to see Flinty an meet Ent, Wiggs & Geoff great bunch and had a proper laugh cheers for the intercooler. :thumbright:
Weather held ok but it seemed quiet to me, mind I did come through a thunder storm at Leicester. :whistle:

One of the quotes for the day “I am running the generator to charge my machine gun” :shock:

Great BBQ at the end of the day cheers Ian and I did pick up this odd young chap wiv grey hair ;) on the way out who was still wandering about coz they wouldn’t let him out :lol:

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

J@mes
Forum Contributor
Winner: Rear of The Year 2012

Post by J@mes » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:31 am

Yeh had a great day. Good walk around the stands and plenty to see.

Was nice to see everyone again and meet the poeple I've not met before, the BBQ was great - plenty of good food!!

Good to meet a few from the D3.co.uk too, thanks to Geoff for my roof rails, and Bodsy for activating my 3 flash indicators!

And yes, I did get trapped in the showground with too foreign chaps (apparently we were supposed to be out by 6:30 or the gates are locked) so thanks to Ben for giving us a lift round to our motors!

I'm sat at work writing this :( but I did have a lovely nights sleep on the memory foam ;)

Saw the light, gone German

brummiedeano
Elected Club Member

Post by brummiedeano » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:48 pm

it was pretty windy on both days but otherwise the weather wasnt too bad :thumbright: ... great barbie food and managed a couple more purchases :thumbright:

Seemed to be fewer footfall all around and less stands than last year though ...

Institute of Advanced Motorists - Car
ROSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders - Car
BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Driving
LANTRA 4x4 Off Road Driving Professional (CLVF01X)
MSUK Experienced Track Marshal
BORDA Higher Level Off Road Driving (CP9988)
First Aid At Work
SCL Security

waznotwas
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 HSE MY07
Location: Wherever the road takes me - you just never know ;o)

Post by waznotwas » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Despite the on, off, on again impression of a certain persons 3 flash indicators we had a good turn out. The catering side was as usual excellent with everyone doing impressions of a :shark: feeding frenzy round Reggue and the BBQ.
Bodsy's support crew / supa troopers / fan club provided excellent catering facilities and breakfast of champions on Saturday morning which did little to reduce the mild :surprise: headache a nameless person from Telford had developed despite tipping a glass of red wine into his groin area (I think it might have been a ploy) :shock: as he slid to earth from a seated position. It did wake him suddenly and the bemused expression wondering where he was and how he got there was worth seeing :lol:

Warning .............TT are not soundproof even from 5 mtrs away I swear AD15 was in the Oztent wiht his mighty Stihl Chain saw as I could hear him sawing down a complete forest...

The show on the other hand was a dissappointment. No funfair - no loud music, no Dodgems, and on Saturday fekk all people. The show was very quiet - everyone I spoke to said there seemed to be less people, less stands and certainy the 2 signups we got for the weekend was a disappointment. Still things brightened up today weather wise and we got some sun although the wind caused havoc with the event shelter - gazebo thingie as 2 poles snapped. (they weren't even provoked) so it was taken down and put away.

One high point for me apart from the company, BBQ skills of RegggieB, flowing ale and good food was the search for the now "world reknown" Murco garage in Pboro to purchase 6.5 Kg of their finest calor gas which was by way of Mr Cobleys offroad course saturday doing the red route apart from one bit at the end as some muppet in a deafener went through the mud on the red route and came unceremoniously stuck and had to be recovered so we passed by on the easier route rather than wait. I trust my 3 trusting passeners enjoyed the ride. Sliders are definately the way to go. :thumbright:

(Note we need to organise a Yarwell weekend event.....) it is a lovely site...

Anyway, a weekend worth while - yes of course....

Once again to all to made it possible and for the company of those who attended and for being kind enough not to mention the time of my arrival after everything had been set up :oops: :rasp:

One of the Founding Fathers - Disco3 Club.
Member BORG 4x4 Response
Ne pas oublier de tirer la chasse d'eau avant de partir ;o)

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Post by Bodsy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 am

don't think I fell on the floor as I awas sitting on my comfortable chair at the time. Just a little slip of the glass, that's all........ :oops: :oops:

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

Reggieb
Committee Member
Winner: Photo of the Year 2012
Stu with arm up Cow's Backside
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Reggieb » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 am

Bodsy wrote:don't think I fell on the floor as I awas sitting on my comfortable chair at the time. Just a little slip of the glass, that's all........ :oops: :oops:
yeah, right........... :whistle: ......whatever you say Mr B. :popcorn:

All for one and one for all!
Club TK41
Club 'I haven't got a yellow top!'

Cobblers
Elected Club Member
Car Details: 2006 HSE

Post by Cobblers » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:08 pm

waznotwas wrote:Warning .............TT are not soundproof even from 5 mtrs away I swear AD15 was in the Oztent wiht his mighty Stihl Chain saw as I could hear him sawing down a complete forest...
Snoring.... Never heard any... :? :| :oops:

Brilliant weekend though, really enjoyed the laughs. It was great to meet quite a few of the club members in person. Many thanks all for the welcomes and the hospitality.

I managed to dodge away during the busiest moments to capture these pictures of the stand... The numbers of people was a surprise...

Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Post by Neild » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Looks good, few more cars hopefully next year 8-)

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...