Shorted relay, now no central unlock

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
Vince124
Forum Contributor

Shorted relay, now no central unlock

Post by Vince124 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:31 am

Hello all. Whilst trying to trace an issue with the 12v outlet on my 2006 LR3, I accidentally shorted two of the terminals for the 12v relay. A puff of smoke and the wipers went on before I was able to disconnect the terminals. The good news is that I was able fix the 12v outlet. The bad news is that I can no longer unlock the doors except manually with the key.
I’ve checked both fuses and I’ve tried a hard reset, but no luck. The battery is fully charged. I can rule out the RF receiver and it’s wiring, since the dash button doesn’t work. Whenever the dash button or the remote is pressed, I can hear the click of a relay behind the the glove box, but no unlock function. However the lock function works for both dash button and remote.
My thoughts are that one of the relays blew in the central junction box. Since they are not serviceable, I am thinking about the possibility of running some jumper wiring? Any other ideas? :headbang:

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Shorted relay, now no central unlock

Post by anglefire » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:11 am

I managed to stuff 12v up the wrong way on the 12v sockets - and amongst other things that stuffed the wipers and a lot of other things - new CCJ module required which has to be coded to the car by JLR.

Jumper wiring is a possibility, but not sure how you would integrate it in. Not easy I guess.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here