New to the D4 fold.. Nano Evo or GAPII?

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
bardley
Forum Contributor

New to the D4 fold.. Nano Evo or GAPII?

Post by bardley » Sat May 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi.. and thanks for any replies in advance!
I'm new to D4, but have had a TD5 D2 for a few years ( amongst others before that..)
I have a question that may well be an easy one for those that have both readers... Do I keep and buy the lead /code for my Nanocom Evo unit for the SDV6, or buy the GAPII that seems very popular?
I have a Nanocom One as well, so would likely sell them both if the advice is for the other unit.
There can be glitches with the Evo, and there are a few when used with the TD5 .. but is the interface and useability stable and visually better on the GAP unit?
I'm reading the websites downloadable manual, and am open to opinions and views.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: New to the D4 fold.. Nano Evo or GAPII?

Post by anglefire » Sun May 06, 2018 1:43 pm

If it were me I'd go IID tool from Gap - just so much support either officially - which is second to none or from other users.

Bodsy did have a Nano-com very early on, to do a comparison with the then popular ones - I don't think it really got taken out of the box the IID tool was (is!) so good.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

bardley
Forum Contributor

Re: New to the D4 fold.. Nano Evo or GAPII?

Post by bardley » Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 am

Okay.. thanks. The software key is £225 or so for the Nano, and I'd also need the CAN lead...so realistically I could buy the GAP model for about the same as if I sold both my current units.

It does look very user friendly, and with PC, Android and 'i' interfaces, it looks ideal.
The Nano is self contained in its own touch screen, but it comes down to personal choice I suppose.
Thanks for your help.