VDO PC5200 - MA1200 cable

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
Globetrotter
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3

Re: VDO PC5200 - MA1200 cable

Post by Globetrotter » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:44 am

Hi Blackdisco, You are lucky, I filed the drawing but managed to find it again which was lucky as I normally put them in a secure spot never to be seen again.
Now I had to get the connectors and pins from Mitsumi in the USA. I was lucky as Japan was making these connectors for a client so I managed to get a set.
Very fiddly to make up. Make sure you get a camera that outputs the right format (mine was a PAL type) and worked but required a tick in a box to tell it that a camera is installed.
Good luck with the project as it took me a while with ordering bits and pieces. I used a camera that replaced one of the number plate lights and looks factory. You need to remove a fair amount of trim if you go this route.
Attachments
MA1200.JPG
cable

Blackdisco
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3 S

Post by Blackdisco » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 pm

@Globetrotter mate thank you very much! Ill have a look into purchasing the pins and plugs before i move forward on this! Just out of couriosity, is it possible to splice the original cable and add in the extra camera cables? Im presuming not because the extra cables may not even be present? Again thanks so much for helping me out on this one! :thumbright: I too have the camera that sits in the number plate light. Be awesome if I can source the parts!

Globetrotter
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3

Post by Globetrotter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am

It was difficult to get the right connectors and the the right male/female pins - good luck :headbang:

k4ru44
Forum Contributor

Post by k4ru44 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:38 pm

correct me if im wrong but all i need to do to make camera works is to connect pin 10 with rca video signal and pin 13 to gnd right?

to make it work auto with reverse gear i have to connect rear light + into A2 pin from PC5400 unit and set in setting that i have camera connected?

greets