help screens go black mind of own

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
shazzy
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE

Re: help screens go black mind of own

Post by shazzy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Well nother new battery cleared hundreds of faults ive had enough now. Its going stealers thursday diagnostics no choice left.But only faults that should show now are infotainment. But its changed yet again? Doesnt come on at all now when unlock car? Have to press knob? Still keeps correct time. I Even ejected my cds while it had gone off? Comes on 30secs works as should? Then its off again. Oh well i tried. I give up.

Rol840
Forum Contributor
Car Details: 2006 discovery 3 hse

Post by Rol840 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi all
I'm new on here and new to land rover ownership just a few days ago so please forgive me if I'm not allowed to post on here.
I too have the exact same problem and I'm pulling my hair out.
The whole radio and nav system closes down and comes back on whenever it feels like it about every 30 - 60 seconds.
I too get the relay click from fuse box area when switches on and off and randomly will either come on with door unlock or ignition and sometimes won't.
Iv checked all fuses and connections on back of the head unit and the screen and nothing to see.
I'm really hoping to find some help on here as I'm at a total loss and rapidly falling out with a car that I really wanted
The radio when it's on works as it should as well as the touchscreen and all volume ect the display also comes up and says phone disconnected everytime it powers back on but not sure if that's normal or not as its never stayed on long enough to attempt to connect a phone.
Thank you in advance and I'm hoping for any help at all

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Posting here is fine!

You are going to have to get it plugged in and the codes read. Bodsy is mobile and gets about a fair bit if you can't get anyone else (Or have the kit yourself) to have a look.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

Rol840
Forum Contributor
Car Details: 2006 discovery 3 hse

Post by Rol840 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Iv had it plugged in and no faults found no codes.
I'm getting close to burning the bloody thing lol.