Not starting after fuel pump fail

For everything Discovery 3 and 4 related
Flippy
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3

Not starting after fuel pump fail

Post by Flippy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:10 am

Hi need some help please I have a disco 3 2005 I was going to work car started fine got to a set of lights and it stopped tried starting again nothing ?? Just turning over I had it recovered to the garage they changed fuel filter battery and pump.in the tank and still will not start ??and checked the fuse just turning over but will not fire any ideas plz

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Not starting after fuel pump fail

Post by anglefire » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 am

On the top of the engine at the back, under the engine cover from memory, there is a Schroeder valve - best with a friend, but measure the pressure when you crank the engine. It isn't a lot 2 or 3 psi from memory but it should come out. But it only comes out for a short time when cranking - hence easier with two people. It might take several cranks to get the fuel pressure up if the fuel filter wasn't pre-filled when changed.

If it doesn't come out at all, chances are its the in tank pump. Might be a duff one or might be wiring. You can also measure the current draw off the pump via the fuse in the box - ISTR its about 4A - but don't quote me.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here