For everything Discovery 3 and 4 related
Ronhayes
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3

Heated seats Discovery 3 2007

Post by Ronhayes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi All
Can any one help me ?
I have changed my heater control (HVAC) for the one with the heated seat buttons but noticed my original (HVAC) only had three connectors to it and the heated seat one has four, and i cannot see any more connectors from the loom to connect into the forth on the (HVAC) and when i operate the heated seat switches they light up two lights press again then one light. So does it have to have this forth plug to make the seats heat up ? And if so where would it connect and where could i get it if that is what is needed?
I have checked under the drivers seat and can see the wires going to the seat pads i separated the main plug by undoing the 8mm screw and checked the plugs inside i will add pictures of the plug under seat and the front of the replacement (HVAC).
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Ron
Attachments
20190121_201036.jpg

Ronhayes
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3

Re: Heated seats Discovery 3 2007

Post by Ronhayes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi All
After investigating my front seats i concluded that i did not have heated seats (bummer)
So i decided to send off for two front electric heated seats and they arrived today.
Now when they arrived i was looking them over and seen that the passengers seat would just fit in and then just connect the large black multi-plug and all should be good, But the driver seat was a different ball game it has the big black multi-plug and about 6 other plugs ? There is a white plug which i assume is the memory plug and one green plug and four grey plugs ?
I was wandering if anyone can shed any light on this for me do i need to get anything else to fit them or can this not be done.
Here is a couple of pictures hope someone can help me ?
Would be very grateful for any input.
Attachments
20190204_122024.jpg

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Heated seats Discovery 3 2007

Post by anglefire » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:06 am

@Bodsy is probably the best person to advise as they probably need plugging in and also configuring in the ECU.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here