It's been emotional

For everything Discovery 3 and 4 related
Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

It's been emotional

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Morning fellow members, it's time to report that GH57 MUD has gone to new a new owner and our time owning a Land Rover has sadly come to an end after 12 years.
The Red Peril got picked up on Friday and driven up to a dealer in Durham. We've downsized as the need to have a massive family car isn't high on the list of requirements as the older lads have now all pretty much grown up and buggered off leaving only Me, Clare and little Rory.
I can say that the D4 was pretty well faultless in 5 years/50k miles apart from a couple of minor issues with the DAB radio and the dreaded sunroof drain blockage but was a lovely, comfortable drive however, I never really felt the love like I did with The Black Beast which I admit, I had a little tear in my eye when that went. This one was a little bit too "nice" and maybe the colour was bit girly as well.

Without these 2 cars we'd have never had all the fun and met you lot or started the club, so just for that, I'm truly grateful.

FWIW, Clare's now got a SEAT Ateca and I've got my Cupra for another year (wicked little beast).

May see some of you if we can get down at Christmas, if not, I'm sure we''ll all catch up soon.

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3

DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Re: It's been emotional

Post by DSL » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:25 pm

And it’s bye bye to LR from me as well today, just chopped the D4 and not replacing her. :(

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Are you sticking with the jazz then del?

We are back to 4 cars - but none are 4x4 - to be fair cassies little 107 is a right hoot to drive. Not quick but feel a right boy racer in it 😂

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Post by DSL » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Yes, just the old Jazz. 11 years old, 51k on the clock, over 50mpg on a run on petrol, £140 to tax and £100(ish) to insure, what’s not to like? Plus no worries re cranks snapping like twiglets, or any other big bills. The D4 has only needed routine servicing, pads & discs & tyres so you just know big bills are on the horizon, prob just after WD cover dies. Bit of bangernomics for a few years. :thumbright:

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:41 pm

kind of the end of an era

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

spiderbaby
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 SE TDV6 05MY

Post by spiderbaby » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:26 pm

I've been thinking about getting rid of my D3 for a while now but every time I do herself says 'no' and, unlike normally, I actually listen to her.

She points out (truthfully) I'm too old, fat, scruffy et al for the Jag XE AWD I keep looking at. The D3 is worth pretty much peanuts and we'd need to stump up a fair chunk to get something that has as much or is nearly as capable.

There's probably a hundred sensible reasons to get rid but until either it or, more likely, me expires I'll let heart rule head and keep it.

Wee Man - it's time your Clare 'fessed up to what a knobber you are and ran away with me.... :rasp: :rasp:

Drink, arse, girls, feck!

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Lol I’ve passed on the message you’re still interested Ken lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3