Hello!

For queries, questions and general comments about your membership
DavidCook
Forum Contributor
Car Details: 2007 Discovery 3

Hello!

Post by DavidCook » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:06 pm

Hello fellow discoveryists! :shark:

New member, I bought a standard 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE in November 2021 and I've been a bit slow to join here but I think it's an inevitability that I'm going to need help eventually!

Also I confess I have joined several Facebook groups and recent mention of a Club meeting where I can perhaps see and experience the capability offroad in a 'safe' environment has provided the spur to join, even more so as Hampshire was mentioned, and I am located in North Hampshire so perhaps it will be in easy range!

I haven't many pictures of the new bus, but attached (I hope) is it's first outing offroad, where it got stuck in a field, watching in shame as a Mitsubishi PHEV drove around without trouble! :lol:

Don't judge me prematurely or anything but I have mostly come from a long line of Jeeps, all quite modified for offroading. So far on road the discovery is a complete revelation, millions better than the live axles that preceded it. I haven't yet had the chance to offroad it although I hope to and I've been sold great things on capability! (I'm going to pretend the field thing didn't happen)

I've also previously had a Volvo XC90 as a daily, and part of the reasoning for the D3 is that it will hopefully offer the excellent practicality of the lolvo and at least some of the capability of the Jeeps.
Attachments
IMG-20220220-WA0000.jpg

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Hello!

Post by anglefire » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:18 pm

Mud and grass in particular can be a real pain in Disco's unless the right mode and care is taken - the announced event would be an excellent opertunity!

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

DavidCook
Forum Contributor
Car Details: 2007 Discovery 3

Post by DavidCook » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:39 pm

anglefire wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:18 pm
Mud and grass in particular can be a real pain in Disco's unless the right mode and care is taken - the announced event would be an excellent opertunity!
I think I tried setting off in low range, grass gravel snow on the terrain response and suspension in high but I got as far as reversing maybe a car length and turning (was parked nose uphill) then went to go forward and it just didn't move, then also didn't go backwards. All 4 wheels were spinning, so bonus I know the D3 is a 4x4 (in the lolvos it's possible for the system to fail and it never be apparent until you need the traction).

I was on pirelli scorpion zeros all round, new fronts and fairly worn rears so they have now been changed for a set of Goodyear Duratrac A/Ts which I am hoping will prevent another field incident, my friends have yet to let me forget it! :whistle:

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:19 am

Scorps are great on road and off (no mud!) but the treads fill up very quickly and don't clear.

Duratecs should be better

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here