GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Camera

RTW
Elected Club Member

GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Camera

Post by RTW » Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi Guys,
Not particularly a sponsors product but I just shelled out on one of these cameras:-

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/GoPro_HD ... ion_Camera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Noticed that some of you have camera set ups in you Discos, wasn't sure if any of you had used these before :)
First impressions are really good, the suction mount does grip very well, the waterproof housing is quite strong, it is very easy to set up and get aligned on the car, there is no preview screen but If you wanted to know exactly what the camera is pointing at you just set it to take one picture, then whip out the SD card, and review it on the laptop, but, it's such a wide angle lens it usually doesn't matter.
I've only tried it for a short distance on the main roads, on both front and rear screens, but it works fantastic, and picture quality is excellent :thumbright: Need to get it off road as soon as poss :mrgreen:
Only problem I've got is that once uploaded to the laptop, I don't have sufficient software or whatever to be able to play back the footage, Windows Media Player basically doesn't like the Mp4 or something :pcwhack: But I can play it back through the tv no problem :)

Richard.
D4 HSE Luxury
DII V8 - Sounds very nice, even under water
DII V8 - ES Premium
Cobra Replica - 4.2 V8
Dax Rush - 3.5 V8

Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Re: GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Camera

Post by Neild » Wed May 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi,

I use AVS4YOU they have a multi suite of programs for £45.00 with lifetime upgrades. Does everything.

Would be interested in what the final quality of picture is like as I am in the market for new camera.

BCC and ~I have just used our new mounts, not sure what they are but very big and very strong.

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...