Blackvue DR300G

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Blackvue DR300G

Post by Bodsy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am

Having played around with the latest Blackvue DR300G, I can honestly say - What a great peice of kit.

I wouldn't have paid £200 for it, but I got it at a great price that really just adds peice of mind if you are unfortunate to be involved in, or witness ahead of you, an accident.

Here's the latest playing around upload

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoXlTf8eWi0

I've managed to work out the settings & which direction they should go to make it less or more sensitive, printed some images off, which whilst you can tell they are from a fairly low res camera when youput them to A4 size, it's not bad at all.

Video quality is pretty good too, although I've not found a codec that Microsoft Movie Maker likes in order to be able to stitch/cut the individual segments together.

I have one niggling problem, that I can't seem to fix. On-Line support for it is pretty much non existant.....

Bottom left hand corner is the Date, Time and Speed. Speed is in KM//H and I can't find a way to change it to Miles/H.
Anyone know how to? It doesn't seem to make a difference if I select different Units in the program as that appears to be just for the program display. Any ideas those that have got one or are about to get one?

I've changed the region from Europe/Dublin to Europe/London and not made any difference....

Will connect it permanently at the weekend, once I've unstuck the holder as it's about 1/2" too close to the mirror & I can't get the MicroSDHC card out without taking the camera out of it's holder :evil:

Good job there is a spare sticky pad in the box!

Anyway, it's great, you shoudl buy one! Will be fantastic for recording off roading events as well.
20110112_084018_N.jpg
20110112_084018_N.jpg (232.68 KiB) Viewed 6931 times

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

clement
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery

Re: Blackvue DR300G

Post by clement » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 am

There might be a man on the other side that may be able to help with changing the KM/H. I will hopefully be getting mine in the next few days so what ever you find out can you try and remember as I am sure I will want some HELP!!!!!!!!! :thumbright:

Clem - Thinks he has the best job in the world - piloting Gift Island's robotic doughnut rings and listening to Hip Hop music in the cockpit all day

Discovery 2
Club Cadac

xtc
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D4

Post by xtc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:06 pm

There's 2 little arrows next to the speed display, click on those and it changes from Km to Mph... :pcwhack:

Question for you!! Where does it pick the date up from.. My date on the recordings is wrong and I can't find where to change the setting. I asumed it would pick it up from the laptop or GPS but it seems not. It must hold the date & time in the unit though I assume? Bit AAArse! with the wrong date..

Off Roading is OK.... But I'd rather be Boating!

Bodsy
Chairman

Post by Bodsy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Yup, did that, but it only changes the application speed display, not the speed display that the unit puts on the film (bottom left hand corner)

Pretty sure it must pick the date up from GPS_signal and adjusts for the Country timeZone that you have it set for.
Can't think how else it would do it, unless of course there is a small rechargeable battery in the unit. Actaully there must be or a capacitor of some sort, as it has to process the shutdown mode when the power has been removed.

Also, how do you remove the Zoom 1.0x from the display as weel. there's no way to change the zoom, so why bother putting it on!

Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

Disco3Club Chairman

xtc
Forum Contributor

Post by xtc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Was just going to ask you how you changed the zoom!

So do you have the speed displayed on the image? I don't (luckily), only on the display. I assume your date & time is OK?

The unit must have some battery of sorts as it must date & time the video as it's been shot? Also it's own clock. I had assumed this clock would sync with the laptop, but the unit is never connected to the laptop directly, only with the chip. Also the unit is available without GPS so that must have it's own clock. Might need to give them a call!

Bodsy
Chairman

Post by Bodsy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:36 pm

I don't speak Korean......

Do you have the circle in a box button clicked on to equialise the image? If so, you won't see the date/time in the bottom corner....

Date & time is OK for me.

Did you have a firmware update from the pittasoft website? Ver 1.011

Zoom works by scrolling in or out (using the scroll on the mouse) Scrolls out to 0.5x and in to 4x . Just can't get rid of the scroll wording!

Disco3Club Chairman

xtc
Forum Contributor

Post by xtc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:05 pm

I've got a box that says image correction, but I also get the time & date in the lower LHC.
Not done a firmware update, I'll give that a go this evening!
Only use a laptop so no mouse scroll wheel thingy... Tried the 3rd button on the finger pad but does not seem to
do a lot.
Thanks anyway!

jkp
Forum Contributor

Post by jkp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Did not realise that these also recorded sound in the cab :?

I'm getting one in the group buy and I'm not usually quiet when there are numpties about :lol: should make for interesting listening if I ever have to submit one if anything goes array. :oops:

xtc
Forum Contributor

Post by xtc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 pm

luckily you can turn it off! A wise thing to do I feel.... Also the speed log when on the motorway if it were possible.. :shark: