WTB - Front Bumper Tow Eye Cover

Looking to buy something, ask in here.
audiobull
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 HSE

WTB - Front Bumper Tow Eye Cover

Post by audiobull » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:21 am

I think it is just plain black rather then colour coded but its to fit a D3 2007.
The front lower grill part that covers the front towing eye.

spiderbaby
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 SE TDV6 05MY

Re: WTB - Front Bumper Tow Eye Cover

Post by spiderbaby » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:12 am

Think I may have one in the garage somewhere.

I'll take a look later on and, if I find it, post a picture.

Drink, arse, girls, feck!

spiderbaby
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 SE TDV6 05MY

Post by spiderbaby » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:29 pm

OK - I have got one - it's the original off my MY05 - took it off to put an Uncle Ray plate on. It's never been off roaded (at least not by me and the original owner was an LR manager). It's the original black (anthracite?) colour.

It's in good condition - only marks I can see are on two of the lower fixing turn buckles - the heads have marked where the coin used has slipped but not outrageously.

The part number on it is DPC500011XXX but as far as I can find this is now superceded by DPC500123PCL - new they seem to average out at £50 plus VAT (so £60) - you might want to check we're talking the same part.

Happy to let it go for £30 but............ the killer is the postage - using Royal Mail it seems to be around the £12 mark - which is a joke. As some of the sites selling these seem to offer postage around £6 - £7 so you might prefer new given the small differential. Unless you want to use D3Club couriers - but I'm in Liverpool and my next planned trips will be either the hinterlands of North Wales (pretty soon) or Kendal / Slough (but not definite and not until next year).

Drink, arse, girls, feck!

audiobull
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by audiobull » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Buddy. Sorry for the delay. Ok great. Let me see what quotes I can get for a new one and I will come back to you. I hear you on the postage :( Condition not really that important as you really hardly notice it BUT you do notice it, if its missing so would prefer cheaper over brand new :thumbright:

I best have a look at the pin holes on the actual bumper too to make sure they are not damaged. All I remember seeing was it missing so I may need to do some repairs first. :?