Swanage 2011 Camping/Caravan Weekend 6th/7th Aug

All previous event threads are placed in here.
Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Re: Swanage 2011 Camping/Caravan Weekend 6th/7th Aug

Post by Bodsy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Well whilst you lot are mulling over whether it will be a damp evening or not, I'm sat by the pool, 32 degrees when we landed. Rioja Open and ready to quaff... :-)
2 weeks of this could go down quite nicely :-)

Have fun! :thumbright:

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

Jason
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Defender 110 DC

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 pm

PhilHunt wrote:The sun was barely over the yard arm when I called but he and Jason were enjoying a glass of beer or two in the garden of a hostelry near to Corfe Castle. All right for some!! :thumbright:
We had suitable clothing when we set off as rain was in the air, half way up the MOUNTAIN the sun came out rendering us suitably overdressed. The hostelry was visited twice in fact Phil, before n after Corfe Castle tour :whistle:

Smashing day, smashing company with Ian n Reggie.

Settling down, just about to have more scoff, then we'll see how the evening goes. Frodo n Beth are knackered too.

Defender 110 Double Cab 2010

SkyTag GPS Tracker & SkyTag LW52

SafeTPedal Security

Bluefin Remap Interface, +40bhp/102Nm

Non Stick Nick
Elected Club Member
Car Details: N10KJN

Post by Non Stick Nick » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Day two of "Disco3club does Dorset!"
A damp squib to start with but the day turn out ok in the end.
Went to Poole via the chain ferry, others went walkies, or tanked off down to the Bovingdon Museum, or just chilled.
Good day all round.
we have just retired to the tin tent after an evening of smoke and mash mallows, the rest are do a pop quiz with Reggieb b's iPod. Much hilarity. Seems James is the dark horse in the music department while Clemens is a whiz with the cheese cakes.
NSN

Club...
i-butcher, editor in chief ( I look after the cuttings)
Sliding Floor
in car PC
Tin Tent
4x4 response HR 021

Non Stick Nick
Elected Club Member
Car Details: N10KJN

Post by Non Stick Nick » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Reggieb, sorry we missed you when we went out for the day.
We did do the rounds of good byes, not sure where you were though.
Got the note thanks.

To the rest of campers Hi de Hi, thanks for great weekend.
It's just not the same with new bods on your pitches.

Cheers

Non and Mrs Stick.

Same time next year?

Club...
i-butcher, editor in chief ( I look after the cuttings)
Sliding Floor
in car PC
Tin Tent
4x4 response HR 021

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for a great weekend everyone. It was a shame the weather wasn't kinder yesterday.

I thought we did pretty well at not upsetting the campsite. Ian obviously thought we'd done too well and tried to set fire to the bins, don't worry mate, it's all secret on here! :shock:

Why didn't we bundle James this year?

I particularly enjoyed the beach yesterday afternoon and sitting on the beach with Dom and Jane eating chips. The fireworks were good again and firing up the Jetboils for hot chocolate while the traffic died down was a nice end to it.

I feel we lost a bit of the community spirit we had last year, but I think that was down to the weather. Maybe we need a bit more of a plan next year? Definitely up for it again though.

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

Jason
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Defender 110 DC

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes, myself and Elaine echo all the comments above. It was a great location, and we just followed the leader or just hid :lol: . We said our goodbyes early as Elaine asked to go into the New Forest, I think we got everybody except Neil n Sara, but did ask Gaz to pass our thanks onto Clare/Neil/Sara.

We had a great time listening into the banter, joined in where we could and hopefully next time as you get recognised the pressure is off. Many Many thanks to NSN for the BBQ, and Maureen for being Maureen. Such a wounderful lady with sooooooo many tales to tell.

We'll bring William next time as we gear up because this club is all about "Families" on any event.

I'll add pics later, but to close.............................You're all very welcoming and such a great bunch to be with. So from Myself, Elaine and the woofs.............Thank you all. :thumbright:

Ps, Frodo said he'll ave Reggie next time :rasp:

Defender 110 Double Cab 2010

SkyTag GPS Tracker & SkyTag LW52

SafeTPedal Security

Bluefin Remap Interface, +40bhp/102Nm

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm

All home safe and sound. The police helicopter is overhead and had been for half an hour so I definately know I'm in Reading!!!
Oli seems to have recovered from his hangover....such a proud moment to see him lashed for the first time.....at 15. I blame my brother!!
Nice to see everyone and thanks for the dancing James :)
As a quick aside, if anyone wants to send a contribution to NSN for the BBQ, please forward it to me and I'll drop it round to Nick as and when and he can then forward it on the relevant charity.
Big thanks to Nick, the bacon this morning was well lush!!!
Looking forward to next year already :thumbright:

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3

Reggieb
Committee Member
Winner: Photo of the Year 2012
Stu with arm up Cow's Backside

Post by Reggieb » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Fantastic time guys & gals, just arrived home, traffic was bad getting out of the area due to a couple of shunts on a roundabout and then the approach to the M25 was grim with heavy rain..... :cry:
Chester & I had a thoroughly enjoyable time, so glad we managed to put the tents away dry, (many thanks for the help in that high wind Dom.. :thumbright: )
James, your musical knowledge never fails to amaze me & your dancing was the highlight of the evening... :electric: :cheerleader: :headbang: ..superb... :thumbright:
Elaine & Jason, good to catch up with you again, shame you missed out on the evenings frivolities. (PS.. Reggie says bring it on.. :whistle: )
Stu, we need a recipes section, for cheesecake and cakes so that us mere mortals can attempt to emanate the great cooks we shared our camping with. Could even impress the girls with that one.... :whistle:
To all the rest of our gang, thanks for a fab time.. :!:
Special mention to NSN & Maureen, great BBQ and company as always..... :mexicanwave:

I'm the Fire Starter, twisted fire starter.......... :blowup:

All for one and one for all!
Club TK41
Club 'I haven't got a yellow top!'

PillowSmuggler
Committee Member
Winner: Avatar of the Year 2012
Comedian of the Year 2013
Mechanic of the Year 2014
Clube Member of the Year 2014
Car Details: Disco3 TDV6 HSE 2007

Post by PillowSmuggler » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:38 pm

A luverly time had by all though far too short a stay. I hope that my work is more accommodating next time! Really great to meet you all again, and looking fowards to next year already!

Maybe we should start looking for a group booking at a site now :whistle:

There was Nick's bacon on tap this morning! Bacon! BACON! And no one mentioned it to us! You utter utter gits! :lol: Just 'cos we were rushing to get our tent packed in the dry in case the weather turned is no reason to keep it all to yourselves! :shark:

Eating fish and chips on the seafront (in the dry!) was indeed a highlight, even though James and Marnie were chowing on sand instead (not voluntarily :surprise:)

The fireworks were truly excellent, though I don't know if the gap half way was a cheeky humorous pause for effect or a failure of all the fireworks on a raft. It'd have been better to have more of the club attending this one; I only hit the Dino's for 25 donuts this time and they hardly flinched.

Note to self - add hot choc to the car drinks kit; stroke of genius Stu/Vic - Thanks for sharing :thumbright:

Trying not to make this sound like some sad acceptance speech, but :

Nick/Maureen - Thanks so much for the extra special BBQ, most excellent.
James - Thanks for introducing me to my new favourite Single Malt.
Stu - Thanks for your assistance in getting our tent pitched on Friday in record time even though I was out of energy thanks to a fraught work day.
Vic - Once again, your cakes are off the scale of excellence.
Harriet - You are an utter Saint :thumbright: your selfless assistance with James (across multiple emergencies :roll: ) will long be remembered - thank you so much!
The committee - for organising and booking (esp Neil) the event.
And of course to the club collective - your company, wit, music, chat, sharing and kit envy are what makes the club outings so very special - thanks one and all! Now, where's that link to get that 9,200 lumen torch with the 150 foot remote campfire lighting facility...

:mrgreen: :thumbright:

P.S. Gary - We know we're home too - Our police helicopter (AKA the Penhill Lighthouse) is also out and about tonight :lol:

Regards, Dom.
2007 HSE Auto TDV6
Snorkel, Cyclonic air filter, GNVP Rock Sliders
78Ah Aux, Split charge, FBH Timer/Remote, Mantec sump plate
LED: Strobes, interior, camping, brake, running, sides
New Oil Pump, using 2SO at 1:400.

Kingmav66
Forum Contributor
Winner: Modification of the Year 2013
Mechanical Maestro of the Year 2014

Post by Kingmav66 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks guys and gals for an enjoyable weekend (especially Mr & Mrs NSN). Myself, Sarah & Max really loved it :thumbright:
I think like Dom said I wish it had been for longer. Well, we're up for it again next year :shark:

Gary, I shall drop some dosh over to you for Nick :thumbright: