Manby Landrover Show 24th-30th Aug

All previous event threads are placed in here.
B-A-S
Club Supporter

Manby Landrover Show 24th-30th Aug

Post by B-A-S » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 pm

See lrshow.co.uk , it should be a good show/ off road event.

Manby Motorplex
Manby, Nr Louth
Lincolnshire.
LN11 8UZ.

The Venue
LR Show Ltd chose Manby Motorplex as it's venue for the show for its perfect location, only 20 minutes from the golden sands of the east coast, so if you are staying for the week there are plenty of things to keep
the whole family happy.

Above all it's a fantastic venue for a Land Rover show, with over 100 acres of off road terrain on site, giving spectators a great view, and maybe tempting them to have a go.
Some sections of the terrain will keep the most experienced of off road drivers on their toes while other
sections are plain good fun to drive!

Manby Motorplex plays host to hundreds of Club Events, Race meets, Rally Competitions and
charity events each year. It is also home to many local Clubs and National Associations.
Lat: 53:21:39N Lon: 0:04:24E

[img:450:292]http://www.lrshow.co.uk/Motorplex-Map.gif[/img]

90 Degree Challenge
This years 90 degree challenge is set to be the best ever, with 30 teams competing to take the first prize of £1000.
We have teams from France, Belgium and all over the UK.
This year we have a special night stage in the main arena, don't miss this and bring your camera's.

Exhibitor Stands / Club Stands
Leather hats to Roof racks there's something for everyone or just admire some of the tricked up Land Rovers
on the club stand displays.

Green Lane Trips
Wed / Thur / Fri we are running green lane trips through the Lincolnshire countryside in groups of 6-8
cars, approx 4 hours with a refreshment break.

NORA Round 7
2010 National Supermoto Championship round 7, another spectator sport where small buggies, quads and bikes race
around a purpose built championship track.

NORC Round 6
Round 6 of the Northern Off Road Club's (NORC) Competitive Safari Championship.
Here you will see up to 300HP special off road racers going as fast as the terrain will allow.
Most of these races are Land Rover derived and come in all shapes and sizes.
The Norc club is one if not the best club in the country, producing more post 2000 champions than any other club.
This is a spectacle to see and a great contrast to the big challenge motors, each of which have a good following
and a place in the UK's huge off road scene.

Walk round the pits in the early evening to see the motors and chat to some of the drivers.

Arena
Steve Wells and Flatdog's famous twist off ramp, the biggest in the UK, Find out your vehicles true articulation figure
and get Steve to give you expert knowledge on how to improve it.
Tug 'o' war - teams compete for the Manby 2010 tug champions.
Motocross display Rider (more details soon)

Off Roading
A full 5 days off roading for only £20 if you pre book. Our off road course caters for everyone from
novice to the experienced
, even if you have never tried your beloved Land Rover off road we have experienced
staff to teach you, even for under 16 yr olds.

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Re: Manby Landrover Show 24th-30th Aug

Post by Stu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Pete are you going to have a stand a Peterborough? As you may know we are having a club stand there, it would be good to meet up. You'll be welcome for a beer / coffee at anytime - well actually if you come over a 3am asking for a beer or worse a coffee then you probably won't be welcome, but you're most welcome at sociable hours!

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

B-A-S
Club Supporter

Post by B-A-S » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Yes ill be their Stu, Prob on the very corner of the arena in the same place as last year.

Thanks for the invite, i will most prob call over of course at sociable hours. Though please bare me on remembering who is who and the remembering of everyones names, showtime is the worst time ever for my memory compared with every other day typing on the forums and in emails etc etc.

The problems for me is this,
Show handeling/organisation stress mainley, but the hardest i find to grasp quickly at shows is Forum names V real life names V faces at the show and matching them all together in my head as all the same person.

Execpt for you Stu, it will be " Hi i m stu from the forum "and ill remember :) same name on forum as in real life.

Pete

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Yep, you'll be ok with Neil and me, the rest you'll be pretty stuffed with. I'm the same when we go off roading and you meet a load of people you've not met before.

It gets worse as internally (at home) Mrs Stu can't remember who is who either with real names or with their forum names so we have another system.

Such as Double Dose Derek (DSL) because he buys two of everything etc. etc. it helps when she says which one is he etc!

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"