Snowdonia Bala Weekend Laning Sat Jan 29th 2011

All previous event threads are placed in here.
Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Snowdonia Bala Weekend Laning Sat Jan 29th 2011

Post by Neild » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:04 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:- Signees will be placed in batches of 5, ie if 17 are registered, the final two will miss out. However, due to one sign up, you might get bumped up due to drop outs etc

Ok chaps,

This is the sign up for the Bala Saturday Event "Light Laning / Country Jaunt Off Road". This event is charged at £50 per car

PLEASE NOTE: This is the same weekend as the event here. Many will be attending both events viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This really is a great weekend with good company and cracking terrain. Further details TBC nearer the time :thumbright:
Vote Away!

VIDEO's and PICTURES of a recent visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrfAiqgluA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYH1EeZM5o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...

GavinB
Elected Club Member
Car Details: D3

Re: Bala LRE Snowdonia Jan 29/30th 2011

Post by GavinB » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Should be there but once again Disco3Club seem to organise an event when I have something organised for the Friday. Will be either arrive very late Friday or leave very early Saturday

The Caveman

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 pm

GavinB wrote:Should be there but once again Disco3 club seam to organise an event when I have something organised for the Friday. Will be either arrive very late Friday or leave very early Saturday
You've such a social bunny!!! :mrgreen:

PhilHunt
Forum Contributor

Post by PhilHunt » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:33 pm

I've signed up for LRE on the Saturday because I don't fancy the Pay and Play and I don't want to commit myself to D3 friendly laning to find that the lanes have been reccied by someone in a Defender (or something else) with no idea of the width of a D3 :!:

Happy to change my Saturday preference to lanes if they can be guaranteed scratch free

'Endeavour' - Discovery 3 SE - sadly now gone but to a good loving home

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:51 pm

PhilHunt wrote:I don't want to commit myself to D3 friendly laning to find that the lanes have been reccied by someone in a Defender (or something else) with no idea of the width of a D3 :!:

Happy to change my Saturday preference to lanes if they can be guaranteed scratch free
Lanes will be known local people and also we can rely on Ken to deal with this. No green laning can be scratch free, just picked suitable for D3 use with most aspect catered for :thumbright:

JamesG01
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Black 55-Reg SE

Post by JamesG01 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Can't commit to anything right now, so will have to provisionally take a pass... :(

spiderbaby
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 SE TDV6 05MY

Bala January 2011 - some general points...

Post by spiderbaby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Can I just clear up a couple of points about the Bala gig in January?

1. The Sun event is entirely LRE / Landcraft staffed and organised - Dave Mitchell et al.

2. The Sat event if LRE training is chosen is also entirely LRE / Landcraft staffed and organised.

3. The Sat green laning / pay and play options are not connected to LRE in any way - this is an entirely different organisation. However, they do seem to offer a similar (in many ways) set up.

The options are not mutually exclusive for the Saturday - as long as the combination of numbers / money stacks up all is possible (or none...).

No green lanes (or pay and play / marshalled events) can be guaranteed scratch / damage free.

I have, however, emphasized especially that the attendees will all be in D3 / D4 vehicles and will not want to go forging brave new routes on green lanes. I have especially asked that all routes are reasonably 'open' - I know many will want to see the valleys and mountains.

I have done two sessions up in that area - once my first time off-tarmac and the second in snow worse than in Bala last January.

The only damage I suffered over the two occasions were a scratch to my driver's door handle on a wall and a cut in my near side front bumper on barbed wire. I have specifically asked that both of these places are avoided.

I've had my worse scratches in car parks frequented by Mrs LardA :censored: se and her brain dead kids..... :lol: :lol:

SB

Drink, arse, girls, feck!

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Anyone uummm'ing and arrrr'ing about whether to go on this needs a kick up the r's, It's a flipping great weekend. The last one will live in the memory a loooooooooong time.
The more the merrier as usual as it's the people that make the weekend special.

How's tricks Spidey, you're gonna miss Gerrard when he fecks off to Real :rasp: (Here's me assuming that you're a red, doh)

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3

spiderbaby
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 SE TDV6 05MY

Post by spiderbaby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Gary - I f :censored: king hate football.......

That's why there's a club sticker for New Brighton Rugby Club in the window - amateurs who give 100% every week - not like those lazy tossers wandering around against Germany.....

Any way.............

Here are some shots of the Wayfarers (indicative of the area) in Summer and Winter.

Drink, arse, girls, feck!

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:04 pm

I've initially put me self down for the Sunday only - may be able to do Saturday as well, but not sure at the moment!

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here