TPMS

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
hangman3
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D2

TPMS

Post by hangman3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:22 pm

What can anyone tell me about a TPMS system? I have bought some wheels that have TPMS valves so I then bought the 6 button dash panel so that I had the TPMS switch. I have taken down the left side of the roof liner but I am not sure where to look for the module. I do not have a sunroof. The only thing I can see that might look like one is fixed to the roof, just to the right of the 2nd row roof lights. This is small black & has a couple of wire going to it ( I think blue, white & black). I would imagine that this is probably the lock remote receiver. I have seen in a couple of places that the PTMS module is a reasonable size (part 5WK47594) with two multi-plugs going to it. This would seem more likely because of the amount of wires. Or a much smaller one (part 5WK49096). The only spare plug in the roof space that I can see is to the left of the 2nd row roof lights. It seems that this would not be enough for the large module & to large for the smaller one. Are the wires even likely to be there? & are they likely to be under the arches for the initiators?
Please tell me all you know so that I can fit them up to my late 07 SE.
~ What is needed.
~ What will the car already have.
~ Part numbers.
~ Wiring.
Anything else.

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Re: TPMS

Post by Bodsy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 am

Copied from another group.

Basic kit required

4 or 5 TMPS units LR010532 £92.55 (For 4)
Pick up sensor RRE000010 £15.13
TPMS Ecu NNW501997 £80.72

4 or 5 tyre pressure sensors/valves.
4 sensor readers - one for each wheel arch. Front ones are fitted in front of the wheels, rear ones behind the rear wheels.
Dash switch panel with TPMS switch fitted (this is the bit I forgot about yesterday)

The TMPS ECU is fitted into the headlining (it's not an antenna). This is wired to each reader (+/-) and also to the TPMS switch and the LED indicator in the TPMS switch. It also needs permanent 12V, switched 12V and 0V. Then there is the low and high speed CAN bus connections that communicate with the various modules (ABS/ATC etc) to get ambient temperature and vehicle speed.

It also gets info from the ECM about the engine state and timing/km data from the instrument cluster.

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

hangman3
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D2

Re: TPMS

Post by hangman3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 am

Is the wiring in place or do I have to get additions to the loom? The only spare wires I can see are the ones to this multi-plug but it only has 6 wires where as the manual shows that there should be 15 going to the Module. If these wires are not in place, are the wires fort the pick ups under the wheel arches likely to be there?

Here is the plug in the roof beside the middle row light. Is that box to the left a remote locking receiver?
WP_20171015_07_46_37_Pro.jpg