Codes, warning lamps & windows.

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
hangman3
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D2

Re: Codes, warning lamps & windows.

Post by hangman3 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:37 pm

PillowSmuggler wrote:
A couple of those errors however are kind of strange as you are getting "is not configured" type messages. Have you done anything at all to the car config using IID, or even a BlackBox type unit? If you've updated the car config whilst there was a battery voltage issue, you could have corrupted the car config file. I believe the IID copies a backup copy when it's first used, so that's a possible recovery route.

Worst case, so hopefully not your issue - One of our members had numerous car driveability issues eventually tracked down to a corrupt config that was assumed to have been caused by the previous owner, but he was finally able to restore the factory original config to the car to recover everything - I believe he talked/paid direct with GAP Support to arrange this as it's not a standard feature of the IID tool.
As regards to making any changes with the Nanocom, the answer is no. All I have tried to do is to check for faults to which everything past the BCU fails to read. I communed with BBS about this & they asked me to send them some screen shots of a particular fuction & this is what they said:

"The VIN no on the High Can Bus ECUs are returned correctly, and I see that the Park Brake module and the ABS module have been changed and the VINs have not been programmed correctly, as these are blank
(FFF... and 000..).
Seems like a vehicle that had quite some problems in the past. Nevertheless, this confirms that both the High Can and the Low Can channels from the Nanocom to the Vehicle are working properly.
This being said, you will need to check further down the line the connections and wiring from the OBD port to the ECUs, as most probably what is causing the issues with your vehicle are loose wires,
oxidation or even damaged or problematic ECUs. If the vehicle had water inside, then most probably that is the reason of all the troubles."

hangman3
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D2

Re: Codes, warning lamps & windows.

Post by hangman3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Having fitted a new battery and run more checks, it seems that there is an open circuit somewhere in the window system that is causing the battery to run low on voltage. This is looking likely to be in the master switch (fingers crossed).
The suspension problem could possibly be an in checked campaign which is the air suspension relay & air compressor delivery valve that needs changing & then the software for them to be updated. I am going to ask Land Rover if this is a freebee sort out or whether it is now to late & I have to pay or sort it myself.
Will let you know.