Many things - Mostly Cold!

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
countrywide

Re: Many things - Mostly Cold!

Post by countrywide » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:44 am

I can pop over Thursday after work if that helps.

spotter
Forum Contributor

Post by spotter » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:44 pm

it is back in dealer tomorrow Andy so I will see. They only have it 2 days so not expecting anything to happen. Depending on what they say will be very interested in you plugging in when it is out! Thanks.

spotter
Forum Contributor

Post by spotter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Another update.....still unresolved........has been in the dealer again for over a week. Stepper Motors not at fault so next stop is a new climate control model. This appears to be a £900 part for my car? what exactly does it do anyone know?

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:05 pm

No idea but try Advance Factors or source your own from a breaker and get an Indy to fit it. K2 Carriages in Segensworth are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

PillowSmuggler
Committee Member
Winner: Avatar of the Year 2012
Comedian of the Year 2013
Mechanic of the Year 2014
Clube Member of the Year 2014
Car Details: Disco3 TDV6 HSE 2007

Post by PillowSmuggler » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Do you happen to know if they did a body off to do the turbo?

If so the multiplugs along the left of the engine bay get disconnected; theres a couple by the left headlight or under the left hand wheel arch (depending on model year) and a couple under the main battery. Perhaps a careful disconect/connect to displace any corrosion?

I noted slight corrosion starting in my connectors years ago, so since then I've been using Contralube contact grease in them all. So far so good however I don't really know if that's luck on my part or it's actually working :?
I do know the connectors are well lubricated now so they can be opened and closed without wondering whether the cogs on the locking levers are going to break, so I still recommend Contralube - at worst it's certainly done no harm on mine. The grease by the o-ring dust seals must also help with keeping out water, so that's another plus.

Just to state the obvious; there are many greases on the market, but almost all of them will insulate low voltage connectors meaning that low voltage signals can no longer get through. Some sensor voltages could be under 1 volt. This is very bad, but not as bad as using one of the rarer greases that are conductive and would therefore join all the pins together. Contralube is designed to be anti-corrosive, non-conductive, sticky enough to stick to the pins to exclude water and oxygen but doesn't interfere with tiny voltages and currents like silicon grease would. In my experience of using it two cars, it's apparently done what it claims but I'm otherwise not affiliated in any way.

Regards, Dom.
2007 HSE Auto TDV6
Snorkel, Cyclonic air filter, GNVP Rock Sliders
78Ah Aux, Split charge, FBH Timer/Remote, Mantec sump plate
LED: Strobes, interior, camping, brake, running, sides
New Oil Pump, using 2SO at 1:400.

spotter
Forum Contributor

Post by spotter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:17 am

Thanks chaps.

Stu, don't have a part number yet so not sure exactly what it is and a surf on the internet throws up many different parts nominally with that title.

I have asked them to recheck the connecters as I had issues with the washers, lights and FBH originally which I suspect was that. As I can't actually see the car; are these connectors easy to access - with the headlamp out maybe? It is an early on......looking under the bonnet of the loan Evoque won't help!

PillowSmuggler
Committee Member
Winner: Avatar of the Year 2012
Comedian of the Year 2013
Mechanic of the Year 2014
Clube Member of the Year 2014
Car Details: Disco3 TDV6 HSE 2007

Post by PillowSmuggler » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am

The common big connectors are either above & below the left headlight or in the wheel arch (depending on your year, they moved up from behind the wheelarch liner for MY2007 onwards) and under the main battery.

I'd not expect the engine harness to mess with the heater controls, but of course there is the CJB (Central Junction Box; the brains of the car and the rest of the fuses) behind the glovebox and there are a number of connectors onto that which could also be loose - worth checking as these are effectively the other end of the wires to the headlights, ecu's, washers etc. Look for corrosion / wet from a leaking sunroof drain / a-pillar trim leak.

Next on my check list would be the ground straps near the CJB; the panel to the left of the passengers feet needs to come off (mind the bonnet release) and down there you will find a bolt with multiple black wires going into it. Corrosion here could start a lot of strange behaviour. There's also one on the drivers side, similar position, though this one normally messes with the instrument cluster it may also be the ground for some heater flaps.
When looking for corrosion at these bolts, they need to be undone and the contact surfaces inspected and cleaned if necessary; they can look really benign where the air reaches them, but inside the sandwich any trapped water can cause chaos.

Sorry, I'm just about out of ideas now :(

Regards, Dom.
2007 HSE Auto TDV6
Snorkel, Cyclonic air filter, GNVP Rock Sliders
78Ah Aux, Split charge, FBH Timer/Remote, Mantec sump plate
LED: Strobes, interior, camping, brake, running, sides
New Oil Pump, using 2SO at 1:400.

spotter
Forum Contributor

Post by spotter » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Having bumped into Countrywide I ought to update this........... :whistle:
After several months of changing things the issue was the last component changed (obviously) - heater box. Back to full and glorious climate both hot and cold...... hadn't realised how bad it was!!

now to get it booked in again for its mysteriously worsening small throttle noises and the damn exhaust heat shields that keep falling off.

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Post by Bodsy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:43 pm

The actual Heater matrix? Or the blender?

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman