Satnav updates

For everything Discovery 3 and 4 related
hangman3
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D2

Satnav updates

Post by hangman3 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi,
The satnav disc in my 07 D3 is the 07-08 version. Can I use just any of the newer land Rover discs that I see on Ebay or does it have to be a specific type? I have seen a couple 2016 discs for less than £30. Will they work & is it even worth bothering to update?

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Satnav updates

Post by anglefire » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Have a word with Bodsy (Chairman) he has some that are hybrids as any of the official disks that are for the D3 (D4 disks won't work) are still on old maps.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

hangman3
Forum Contributor

Post by hangman3 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Cheers Mark.

Gazmarsh
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3 2005 2.7

Post by Gazmarsh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello I am new to this forum stuff,

I was wondering if you know about problems with acceleration on the d3 2005 2.7td?
Will give you a brief description of what's been happening, from start to getting to full speed takes a day or two, that's how slow it is although does eventually get there but if I go up hill the power dies, I have blanked EGR valves freed up actuator not that it was stuck, changed battery and had diagnostics ran with no codes or faults showing, thinking next to try map sensor or maybe split hose somewhere but don't want to start dismantling hoses if it's not that, any help or information would be most appreciated as this USC driving me crazy even tractors overtaking Me at times too.

hangman3
Forum Contributor

Post by hangman3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Gazmarsh wrote:Hello I am new to this forum stuff,

I was wondering if you know about problems with acceleration on the d3 2005 2.7td?
Will give you a brief description of what's been happening, from start to getting to full speed takes a day or two, that's how slow it is although does eventually get there but if I go up hill the power dies, I have blanked EGR valves freed up actuator not that it was stuck, changed battery and had diagnostics ran with no codes or faults showing, thinking next to try map sensor or maybe split hose somewhere but don't want to start dismantling hoses if it's not that, any help or information would be most appreciated as this USC driving me crazy even tractors overtaking Me at times too.
I don't have your answer I'm afraid, but you would be better off going to the technical section & opening a new thread as more people will get to see your question.