Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Dealers!

Post by Stu » Wed May 24, 2017 11:39 pm

My car is with a main dealer for two things PDC sensor going off all the time and exhaust hanging off.

Firstly I had to book it in a month ago to get a courtesy car. I enquire about the new disco as I fancy that for the day. I'm told if I get there for 8am when they open I should be able to have my pick. So I arrive early and I'm first to be seen..... no courtesy car is available at all.

I explain I booked it a month ago because I needed a car and that's why I've waited!

Ah hold on.....

They can drop me to my destination and pick me up. How does that work when I'm in 4 places today, do you pick me up after each meeting?

Ah hold on....

Sometime later......

Can you drive a manual - yes I can. They give me a sales guys Disco Sport.

They tell me there will be a £120 charge for diagnosis if the warranty doesn't pay. I say the warranty should be fine on the PDC and it takes 30 seconds to diagnosis the exhaust issue.

Well call you in an hour and let you know what we find.

So I leave the car and head off.

3.30pm I get a call. The warranty won't pay out on the exhaust.

I bought the car in Dec and had it serviced in Jan and noticed a rattle in March. It has a full main dealer service history and is on the approved scheme.

I explain I'm not happy and I'm told they are trying to sort with Land Rover

They then start to mummer about getting there car back so I quickly explain that I'm not being it back until I can collect mine. I'm happy to take it away with the exhaust as it was but I think they've made it worse by trying to do some bodge fix on it. So it may now need a whole new exhaust.

We shall see what tomorrow brings but I'm taking the tintent away this weekend to supervise kids doing DofE so I need my car or at least another car with a tow bar. So we'll throw that into the mix tomorrow!

Why can't it be easy and why can't customers be looked after!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Re: Dealers!

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 am

Combination of things. Land Rover have become far too successful, lets face it, the cars sell themselves and for stupid money. I mean...65k for a Disco?
Secondly, people with that kind of money to burn on a car possibly don't give a monkeys about how much repairs cost, again, £120 an hour for a "technician" to look at a car? They're having a laugh.
Thirdly, I've experienced a lot of arrogance amongst dealer service staff. They're right up there with doctors receptionists. The more expensive the car, the more arrogant they become.
Next, their "technicians" are not what I would call "mechanics". They seem to be trained to swap parts after plugging in a computer and if the computer doesn't tell them what's wrong, they don't have any idea. I mean, it comes to something when someone like me has to tell them what's wrong with a Disco as I'm a numpty!. I have my "extensivelistofeverythingthatgoeswrongwithadiscolist"
Work through that and generally, it'll get sorted. They don't have the list it seems.
Finally, I don't think most of them give a toss either way, they have so much business, who cares if you go elsewhere? Some other mug will be along to take your place.

There's some decent ones around though and tbh, I haven't ever had any issues with Lancaster at Reading but I suspect someone could come on shortly and say differently.
They've stopped giving us a courtesy car now and the pick up vehicle from home and drop back thing seems to have come and gone now too so have stopped using them as it's a faff getting over to Reading now. Challenger are only next door, are miles cheaper and will use genuine LR parts if required. I know some have had the odd issue, cough, but they've always been good as gold with me.

Once the D4 is dead or it becomes even more silly money to pay for road tax, then it'll be gone. Can't say I feel the love for this red one, it's just a big car to use for the family stuff, it won't be the "fun car" that the black one was.

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Well just to update this I did collect my car and they had made it worse as they gave me my exhaust in a bag with the car! All said it would get sorted and..... well that was over a week ago and nobody has phoned me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 pm

.... just as an aside I have been in conversations with a VW dealer and a volvo dealer. both have been incredible and I was taking money off them and not a loyal customer. :?

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!