Hello

For everything Discovery 3 and 4 related
StorminSue
Forum Contributor
Car Details: G-Wiz

Hello

Post by StorminSue » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi, I hope you don't mind me looking on here. I just wondered why on earth people feel the need to own such huge cars and show other road users no respect whatsoever. Do all Land Rover drivers feel the need to lord it over all other road users or is it just the ones in London? Yes I am angry as I was cut up twice today both times by discovery drivers who were too busy lording it about to pay any attention to other road users.

JF Lux
Forum Contributor
Winner: Rear of The Year 2011 & 13
Winner of the Chairman's Award 2014
Car Details: D5 Si6 HSE & D3 HSE

Re: Hello

Post by JF Lux » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:13 pm

you're on the wrong forum to bang on about "chelsea tractor" etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless this is Neil in disguise again...? :lol:

Member of Club ex-ex-D3...
Member of Club ex-D4
Member of Club D8 (well it is a 5 for the road and a 3 for off)
Member of club Much Brightness...
Member of a club...in another country. Why ? my wife asks...
Member of Club "I don't want to hear about caravans..."
Winner of Club Rear of the Year 2011

DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Post by DSL » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Never thought of Neil as a Sue but you may have a point. :whistle:

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

J@mes
Forum Contributor
Winner: Rear of The Year 2012

Post by J@mes » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:53 pm

If you really do drive a gwizz then they probably never saw you.

best get a discovery, for your own safety!

Saw the light, gone German

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Umm, I'm not sure if you've come on here just to upset people?

We are a happy place so please do keep it nice!

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Post by DSL » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 pm

J@mes wrote:If you really do drive a gwizz then they probably never saw you.

best get a discovery, for your own safety!

Or use public transport. It's supposed to be quite good in London :thumbright:

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Hello

Post by Stu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:10 pm

J@mes wrote: best get a discovery, for your own safety!
Is that something you're going to do then? Get out of the Anorak!

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

J@mes
Forum Contributor
Winner: Rear of The Year 2012

Post by J@mes » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:51 am

I might be :whistle:

Saw the light, gone German

z4cAtS
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3 HSE 2006

Post by z4cAtS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Hello Sue.

I am sorry that you have had issues with Discovery drivers in recent days, while I can't speak for everyone I know that I have on occasion inadvertantly caused other road users aggravation.
However, I and I expect many on this site are not the offenders you are looking for.

I personally don't have the regalia to partake in 'Lording', however I do use my Discovery as a part of my life, be it family holidays - (Vienna and back this year - much less fuel than a flight), or towing our carvan to far flung places of the UK in comfort and safety.

The seven seat option allows us to combine two families into one car when we can, or I can use it to collect goods / building equipment that would otherwise need a lorry/van to deliver. It also buffs up nice enough to use as a wedding car for a troop of bridesmaids.

This weekend, I will be using it to help me as I am volunteering to run an off-road event, last year I used it to ferry the ITN camera crew round while they covered the D-Day Dakota recreation flight from HMS Daedalus.

My Sons have used it to take part in driving skill competions. I could go on.

All of the people that I have met through this site have been normal people, living (mainly) normal lives who just happen to own a make of car.

If your G-Wizz brings you so much to your life, then great, however please don't come here and kick off because you feel agrieved about some random drivers.

I also drive a FIAT Panda and a Ford Mondeo as fits best, however I would own an electric car if it was suitable / cost effective.

Thanks, Paul

Bonatti Grey 06 HSE
EGRs Blanked, Gearbox Pivot, Diff Breather, Diff & Transfer Oils, Fuel Filter, BAS I/C Hose, Sump Guard
MegaFlush, Secondary G/B Cooler, Door Latches OSF (Warranty Direct) & NSF, Compressor (WD) F/L Wishbones (WD)

mzplcg
Forum Contributor
Car Details: BMW 540ix MSport

Post by mzplcg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:55 pm

StorminSue wrote:Hi, I hope you don't mind me looking on here. I just wondered why on earth people feel the need to own such huge cars and show other road users no respect whatsoever. Do all Land Rover drivers feel the need to lord it over all other road users or is it just the ones in London? Yes I am angry as I was cut up twice today both times by discovery drivers who were too busy lording it about to pay any attention to other road users.
Hello Sue.

Well, since you asked, for some of us Country Dwellers it is more borne out of necessity than a feeling. You see, outside the metropolis we don't have the luxuries in life that you do, for example, a convenience store on every corner, public transport that actually works for you, grocery deliveries that don't want a £10 delivery charge for being out of area, having a Vet who is within walking distance, a Doctor within walking distance, even a place to buy milk which didn't cost a fiver in petrol. Some of us (Shock, horror) don't even live near tarmacked roads, and those which are closest don't even come on the radar for gritting come the snow & ice. Some of us really do need 4WD.

Now, your second point about showing no respect, that's a different matter and one which is in no way aligned to the choice of one's vehicle. You will find plenty of aggressive and inconsiderate drivers in many different makes and types of vehicle. You appear to be introducing emotion into things which suggests to me that your argument is unfounded. It's a bit like asking really illogical and offensive questions like "Why do all fat people stink?" You see, I am a bit on the portly side but I genuinely don't stink, in fact my physical size has nothing whatsoever to do with my personal hygiene regime.

Might I also respectfully draw your attention to my systematic dismantling of your other points in these posts please.

Kind regards. Dominic.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11782&p=178916&sid= ... 6a#p178916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Club FFRR

Basic Machine Polishing guide here
http://www.disco3club.co.uk/gallery/alb ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;