Another one gone

The Bar is open, pop inside to discuss anything non car or club related.
mzplcg
Forum Contributor
Car Details: BMW 540ix MSport

Another one gone

Post by mzplcg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Removed on advice from solicitor
Last edited by mzplcg on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Club FFRR

Basic Machine Polishing guide here
http://www.disco3club.co.uk/gallery/alb ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Re: Another one gone

Post by DSL » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:17 pm

That's an absolute shocker!!

The Skoda expiring!! What's the world coming to? :shock: :shock: LR's just to be expected. :whistle:

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

countrywide

Post by countrywide » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Not a good outcome. I have issues with mine too.

mzplcg
Forum Contributor

Post by mzplcg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Removed on advice from solicitor

Club FFRR

http://www.disco3club.co.uk/gallery/alb ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave_Harris
Forum Contributor
Car Details: 2011, 3.0 D4 HSE

Another one gone

Post by Dave_Harris » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm lost

Ah just seen the repeat statement.
No idea what it's about but hope all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mzplcg
Forum Contributor

Post by mzplcg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Will be posted again once the matter is resolved. Everything far from OK, but the above should give some idea of the point we're at.

Club FFRR

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Oh dear :shock:

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

Kingmav66
Forum Contributor
Winner: Modification of the Year 2013
Mechanical Maestro of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Kingmav66 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Good luck Dom :thumbright:

mzplcg
Forum Contributor

Re: Another one gone - now replaced

Post by mzplcg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 am

OK, so it was a long set of negotiations but we finally have a result. Bottom line is the old one went back as rejected and they're still messing with it now. Many faults which LR are now convinced could be due to the instrument binnacle bringing down the CANBUS.

Anyway, the complaint made it to the top in LR Executive Office and they intervened to get a good result. I will shortly take delivery of an ex-management Autobiography 3.0 diesel hybrid with all the toys. 15k miles, Mariana Black.

I did try it quite extensively before committing and thought it was excellent. I also spoke to LR Finance about it to see what sort of residual it might have if I were to finance it. This is a fairly good indication of how they think it will fare for future values. They gave it almost 12% more than the equivalent 4.4 SDV8 which is encouraging, not that I'll finance it I don't think.

So I then borrowed it for a few hours to get familiar with the driving style. It is different-ish, not a lot but pulling away from stopped is a bit strange. First it pulls off on electric power and once you're moving the engine starts, all fairly seamless but you do need to lift off a bit if you don't then want the extra 250 odd horsepower giving you a good shove. It is a good shove too even with about half throttle which is where it's different from the normal diesel. On the SDV8 I would keep my foot in at that point just as the turbo is spooling up to keep the acceleration but this one needs much less throttle to do the same.

Interesting is the way the EV part helps when you go to overtake something, you get an immediate surge rather than waiting for the turbos to spool up. In terms of flat out acceleration it's on a par with the SDV8, a good sense of urgency. But it gives amazing economy as well which really did surprise me. Motorway @ 70 was giving 44mpg but around town where you normally expect less it was actually giving 47. However, on a simulated school run, mostly 40mph roads between villages with a few hills it gave me over 60. The regen braking really does make a decent job of keeping the battery charged up and it makes good use of this stored energy going up hills.

So the short version is I bought it. All the spec I wanted, ex LR management car, 15k miles on it and the only downer is that it's Mariana Black. I prefer the greys to hide the dirt a bit, living on an un-made road means mud in the winter and dust in the summer. Just means more washing I guess.

Arrives as soon as it's gone through the workshop. Will post up pics when I have it. One from the LR site in the meantime.

Club FFRR

alfamale
Elected Club Member
Car Details: MY11 Discovery 4 XS

Post by alfamale » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 am

Looking 8-)

OEM RAI & Ladder, Front Runner Rack, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets!