What have you done today.....

The Bar is open, pop inside to discuss anything non car or club related.
DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Re: What have you done today.....

Post by DSL » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Just a 10k. Got 2 more 10ks booked (Cardiff Bay in March & Cardiff in Sept). Then the biggie, Cardiff Half Snickers, early Oct. :thumbright: :thumbright:

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Post by Bodsy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Nice one del, keep it up. :thumbright:

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

DSL
Forum Contributor

Post by DSL » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 am

Will do. :thumbright:

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:27 pm

wow super trim Del :thumbright:

today was meeting after meeting ..... now Jameson assisted typing and XL graphs :cheers:

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Not all today, but the last few days - found that the engine was really poor at running on the road - fine on the drive, but was misfiring and spitting back and all sorts - despite lots of carb twiddling and a needle change.

So after a few posts on the Triumph forum one of the guys (Who I got all the needles, filters etc from) offered me his old set (He has gone Efi so doesn't need them anymore) as they worked fine on his Spitfire - and got 40mpg+ on a road trip around Spain! His wife delivered them on Wednesday I think it was and I fitted them that evening - but didn't run the car as it was too bloody cold - but did on thursday after I'd fitted the fuel line from the rear carb to the front carb (Helps that!) - ran up ok, but had a huge fuel leak, that I sorted (Loose clip essentially) but didn't take it out because it was dark and still cold!

Some of the theories as to the poor running was the cam timing was incorrect - but during my attempts to re-check it I removed the dizzy cap and thought I'd just check the points whilst at it - you know, start from scratch - now, I was convinced that I checked them before fitting the dizzy but can't have done as they gap was pretty much bugger all. So put that right. But that altered the timing - so put that right statically but didn't run the engine at this point.

I also changed the oil filter - as the one I fitted (from a reputable dealer!) essentially has no anti-drain valves so the filter was draining overnight. I bought one (Mann) from Germany as I could find none in the UK which has a double anti-drain valve. One of the other guys on the forum did obtain some 5/8BSP to 3/4 adapters to allow more choice of filters - in particular one from a Defender that also has the double anti-drain. And he has ordered some more (They come from the states) - I was expecting them to be several weeks - but I picked one up today!

Yesterday was wet and generally horrible and did some more research on the cam timing - and unless it was wildly out, shouldn't have the effect that was apparent - but anyway drew a timing disc in Autocad with the idea of sticking it on the crank pulley - but this morning the sun was out and I thought I'd just run the engine and take it out for a spin - Well. What a difference! Drives lovely now - idle speed it too high - but that can be sorted - but runs very nicely - sounds good too!

After that, popped to Stoneleigh (In the BMW!) to the MG and Triumph spares day - didn't buy much (Though spent £50 plus getting in!) - I did get a large foam mat for working on the floor - about an inch thick and 500mm wide and 1000mm long - they did all sorts of sizes and thicknesses - but this one I thought enough - I do have some of the interlocking ones from Halfords - but they are a little thin at times.

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

anglefire
Site Admin

Post by anglefire » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am

Not today, but yesterday.

Went to work in the wife's car!

And left mine here as I couldn't get it back on the drive :oops:
1DX_2413 Canon EOS-1D X.jpg

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
Skoda Enyaq IV 80

DSL
Forum Contributor

Post by DSL » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:12 pm

You could rent the BM out to the local council as a snow plough. :whistle: :whistle:

Also been using SWMBO's Jazz (just driving around as normal even in a good few inches of the white stuff). Her winters are now down to 4.5mm and noticing a marked drop-off in grip, especially on ice, so new set is ready to go on. Along with a set of ATRs for the D4. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

anglefire
Site Admin

Post by anglefire » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Well yesterday (Should retitle this thread I think!)

I (well me and SWMBO) met up with an old friend of mine from my time at Poly - we've kept in touch by email and the odd letter over the years and latterly FaceBook - but haven't met up for years - 17 we reckoned yesterday! She has done lots with her life - worked with the VSO for several years - sounded dreadful in some cases - not the work - the incompetence of the VSO - no money to live on for months, no equipment (She is a Physio) nothing.

Went to the US with her, now ex, husband for a couple of years - now works as a locum currently back "home" in Liverpool and living with her sister, for another month or so then gawd knows where! But has spent the last year or so in a camper van going wherever the work is, so will go back to that until she can find a permanent place.

She has also spent 3 weeks in Vietnam cycling around the place. Amongst other exotic places.

And she hasn't changed a bit - and could have been 17months ago we last met up and not 17 years. :lol:

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
Skoda Enyaq IV 80